Saturday 16 March 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Lynn Cayce and Hugh Cayce.
The Mysterious Retort, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1907!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1907 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Maple Leaf Rag - U.S. Marine Band
- Good-a-Bye, John! - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan