Sunday 16 March 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 16, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernardo Bertolucci and Chuck Woolery.
City of Missing Girls, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 March 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1941 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Bernardo Bertolucci: Italian director, one of the most accomplished of his generation.
- Chuck Woolery: American TV personality, a game show host who inaugurated the popular show "Wheel of Fortune.
- Mike Love: Musician.
- Robert Guei: ruler of Cote d'Ivoire (d. 2002).
- Robert Guéï: Ivorian soldier and politician 3rd President of Côte d'Ivoire (d. 2002).
- National Gallery of Art opens in Washington DC
- Dmitri Shostakovich receives the Stalin Prize.
- Blizzard hits North Dakota and Minnesota killing 60.
- A group of U.S. warships arrive in Auckland, New Zealand on a goodwill visit. On March 20, they visit Sydney, Australia.
- British Minister of Labour Ernest Bevin calls for women to fill vital jobs.