Friday 28 March 1941US date format: 3/28/1941, UK date format: 28/3/1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 28, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie McCoy in Oak Hill and Oscar Fernandes.
Road to Zanzibar, directed by Victor Schertzinger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1941 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Oscar Fernandes: Politician.
- Charlie McCoy in Oak Hill: West Virginia, USA; harmonica player...
- Alf Clausen in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; orchestra leader (Mary,...
- Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson: American author.
- Alf Clausen: American composer and producer.
- Philip Fang: Hong Kong simultaneous interpretation...
- Jeffrey Masson: American author and academic.
- Janet Nelson: English historian and academic.
- Michael Rawlins: English physician and pharmacologist.
- Jack Simmons: English cricketer.
- Jim Turner: American football player and...
- Sea battle at Cape Matapan: British fleet under Cunningham defeats Italy.
- World War II: Battle of Cape Matapan : in the Mediterranean Sea, British Admiral Andrew Browne Cunningham leads the Royal Navy in the destruction of three major Italian heavy cruisers and two destroyers.