Friday 28 March 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charlie McCoy in Oak Hill and Alf Clausen in Minneapolis.
The Devil and Miss Jones, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1941 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Charlie McCoy in Oak Hill: West Virginia, USA; harmonica player (Hee Haw).
- Alf Clausen in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; orchestra leader (Mary, The Simpsons).
- Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson: American author.
- Alf Clausen: American composer and producer.
- Philip Fang: Hong Kong simultaneous interpretation specialist United Nations official (d. 2013).
- Jeffrey Masson: American author and academic
- Janet Nelson: English historian and academic
- Michael Rawlins: English physician and pharmacologist
- Jack Simmons: English cricketer
- Jim Turner: American football player and sportscaster
- Sea battle at Cape Matapan: British fleet under Cunningham defeats Italy.
- World War II: Battle of Cape Matapan : in the Mediterranean Sea, British Admiral Andrew Browne Cunningham leads the Royal Navy in the destruction of three major Italian heavy cruisers and two destroyers.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?