Wednesday 16 April 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 16, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Berman and Cliff Stearns.
Citizen Kane, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1941 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Howard Berman: Politician.
- Cliff Stearns: American politician (Representative-Republican-Florida).
- Allan Segal: American director and producer (d. 2012).
- Josiah Charles Stamp: first baron/statisician, dies.
- Little Theater at Adelphi Strand closes.
- Bob Feller of the Cleveland Indians throws the only Opening Day no-hitter in the history of Major League Baseball, beating the Chicago White Sox 1-0.
- World War II: The Italian convoy Duisburg, directed to Tunisia, is attacked and destroyed by British ships.