Wednesday 19 March 1941US date format: 3/19/1941, UK date format: 19/3/1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 19, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Florence Delay and Lord Vestey.
The Devil and Miss Jones, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1941 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Florence Delay: French novelist, dramatist, playwriter,...
- Lord Vestey: British food magnate / billionaire...
- Ole Nydahl: Danish buddhist teacher of kagyu...
- Jimmy Dorsey and Orchestra record Green Eyes andMaria Elena
- World War II: The 99th Pursuit Squadron also known as the Tuskegee Airmen, the first all-black unit of the Army Air Corp, is activated.