Tuesday 11 March 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 11, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Boies and Joe Viterelli.
City of Missing Girls, directed by Elmer Clifton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 March 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 March 1941!
Which were the important events of 11 March 1941 ?
- Zambia - Youth Day.
- Saint Rosina
- Saint Alberta
- Saint Vindician
- Blessed Auria
- Lesotho - Moshoeshoe Day.
- Lithuania - Reestablishment of Lithuania's Independence.
- United States - Johnny Appleseed Day, 311 Day
- Blessed John Righi
- David Boies: American attorney, the lawyer whom Gore hired in the Florida voting fiasco and who went against Microsoft for the Justice Dept, and who in on the side of Napster in their January 2001 struggle.
- Joe Viterelli: Actor.
- Cochi Ponzoni: Italian actor, screenwriter and comedian, who first became known as one half of the popular comedy duo Cochi & Renato, along with Renato Pozzetto.
- Walford Davies: English organist and composer (d. 1941).
- FDR signs Lend-Lease Bill (lend money to Britain)
- Bronko Nagurski beats Ray Steele in Minnesota, to become wrestling champion.
- In the United States, Congress passes "An Act to Promote the Defense of the United States", known as the Lend-Lease Act, authorizing the President to sell, lease, lend, transfer, or exchange war supplies to any nation deemed vital to defence of the US. Total value is US$1.3 billion.