Saturday 16 November 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terence McKenna and Jo Jo White.
Magnificent Doll, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1946 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Terence McKenna: American author and explorer who spent 25 years in the study of the ontological foundations of shamanism and the ethno-pharmacology of spiritual transformation.
- Jo Jo White: American basketball player.
- Ghislain Bray
- Mark Satin: American-Canadian political theorist, author, and newsletter publisher.
- Colin Burgess: Australian drummer and songwriter (The Masters Apprentices AC/DC and His Majesty).
- Jodi Rell: Politician.
- Jo White: American basketball player and coach.
- Ole Olsen: Danish motorcycle racer.
- Barbara Leigh: Ringgold, Georgia -- Actress (Vampirella).
- Barbara Smith: American black feminist political thinker and activist, critic, teacher, lecturer, author, editor, and essayist.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Ole Buttermilk Sky - Helen Carroll
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra