Tuesday 30 November 1926
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Crenna and Pierre Brousse.
Old Ironsides, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 November 1926!
Which were the important events of 30 November 1926 ?
- Cities for Life Day; 300 cities around the world declare their opposition to the death penalty
- Official End of the Hurricane Season
- Philippines - Andres Bonifacio Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew the apostle
- Also see November 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Barbados - Independence Day (from Britain, 1966)
- Richard Crenna: American actor, on radio and screen from the time he was a kid.
- Pierre Brousse: French politician, radical party member, Mayor of Breziers from 1967; senator for Herault from 1968, married once.
- Richard Crenna in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Rambo, Summer Rental, Sand Pebbles).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- That's Why I Love You - Johnny Hamp & His Orchestra
- On the Riviera - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- There's a New Star in Heaven Tonight - Vernon Dalhart
- Moonlight on the Ganges - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?