Thursday 16 November 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Isaac-Williams and Michael Billington.
Another Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 November 1939 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Mark Isaac-Williams: British botanist, horticulturist, and artist.
- Michael Billington: English author and critic.
- Pierce Butler: American lawyer and jurist (Born 1866).
- Al Capone freed from Alcatraz jail
- German U-boat torpedoes tanker Sliedrecht near Ireland
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?