Wednesday 16 August 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Iggy Katona .
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1916 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down Where the Swanne River Flows - Al Jolson
- America - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- Simple Melody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker