Sunday 16 September 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Copperfield and Dave Blood.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Wagon, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Ninth Wave by Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Noah's Ark.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1956 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- David Copperfield: American magician, a natural-born showman world famous with his outstanding productions of some 500 live performances a year plus TV spectaculars.
- Dave Blood: Musician.
- Charles Fearing: Rock guitarist (Raydio).
- Kevin R Kregel: NYC, New York -- Pilot / Astronaut (STS 70, 78, 87).
- Mark Daniel Gearan: Gardner, Massachusetts -- Campaign manager (Al Gore).
- Mickey Rourke: Actor.
- Peter Zaremba: Rocker (Fleshtones).
- Maggie Atkinson: English educator and civil servant.
- Dave Schulthise: American bass player (The Dead Milkmen) (d. 2004).
- Nick Banton: Founder (Body Positive).
- Marlene Bauer wins LPGA Clock Golf Open
- Television broadcasting commences in Australia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Rockin' Through The Rye - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?