Monday 17 May 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Not Afraid by Eminem.
Unthinkable, directed by Gregor Jordan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Oprah by Kitty Kelley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passione.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Date Warp or Dead or Alive Paradise.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 17 May 2010 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 May
- Walasse Ting: Chinese-American painter and poet (d. 2010).
- The design for the New Bus for London is revealed. (BBC)
- The refusal of Israel to permit entry of internationally renowned American linguist and political activist Noam Chomsky to the West Bank on May 16, sparks intense debate in the country. (''New York Times'')
- Naxalite insurgents blow up a bus in India filled with police and para-militaries, 50 are feared killed. (NDTV)
- A Pamir Airways plane with 43 people on board crashes in Afghanistan between the cities of Kabul and Kunduz. (Xinhua)
- Six people are attacked with a meat cleaver before the assailant commits suicide at a market in Foshan, China. (CNN)
- Brazil, Iran and Turkey agree on a nuclear fuel swap aimed at easing concerns from the West that Iran might building a bomb. (BBC)
- 2010 Thai political protests:
- Hospital officials confirm the death of Thai general, Khattiya Sawasdipol, after he was shot on Thursday as he backed protesters in Bangkok. (Al Jazeera)
- Thousands of red shirt protesters continue to defy a government deadline to disperse. (CBC)
- Dublin Airport, Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and Britain's two busiest airports all close due to the latest round of Icelandic volcanic disruption. (BBC)
- The Instituto Butantan in São Paulo, Brazil, which had one of the world's largest snake collections, is destroyed by fire. (MercoPress)
- The national day of Norway
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in May 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Over - Drake
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
Top #10 Latin songs
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
- Gitana - Shakira
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- Carita De Angel - Larry Hernandez
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Jamie Dimon, the chief executive of JPMorgan Chase, told Syracuse University graduates he was confident the United States would see a recovery in the short term, but the country’s condition over the longer term was in the hands of the next generation. [..]
In the fight over Gourmet magazine’s former readers, it’s the mass-market food magazines that seem to be thriving. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.70
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $74.56
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $71.71
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $47.45
- 1 CHF = 6.0369 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6204 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0958 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.992 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?