Sunday 17 August 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fritz Wepper and Pierre Douglas.
Peer Gynt, directed by David Bradley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1941 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Fritz Wepper
- Pierre Douglas
- Jean Pierre Lefebvre: French Canadian film director.
- Sylvia De Swaan: Romanian-born Jewish visual artist and traveller; a photographer who has lived and worked in Mexico, Europe and the United States.
- Ibrahim Babangida: President of Nigeria (1985- ).
- Jean Lefebvre: Canadian director and screenwriter.
- Lothar Bisky: German businessman and politician (d. 2013).
- Boog Powell: baseball player (American League Most Valuable Player 1970).
- German raider attacks Dutch SS Kota Nopan