Saturday 17 August 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Sandre and Serge Moati.
Black Beauty, directed by Max Nosseck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching I Love to Eat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1946 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Didier Sandre
- Serge Moati: French artist, journalist, film director and writer.
- Martha Coolidge: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Lesley Ann Warren: Actress.
- Patrick Manning: Trinidadian-Tobagonian politician 4th Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Xavier Cugat & His Waldorf-Astoria Orchestra (Vocal Buddy Clark) - South America, Take it Away
- Blue Skies - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Art Lund)
- Andy Russell - Pretending
- To Each His Own - Modernaires & Paula Kelly
- Give Me Five Minutes More - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra