Thursday 17 July 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 17, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Camilla Duchess of Cornwall and Mick Tucker.
Deep Valley, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Seaside Concert Parties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1947 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Camilla Duchess of Cornwall
- Mick Tucker
- Duchess of Cornwall Camilla: British news figure as the mistress of Prince Charles, heir to the throne of Great Britain.
- Camilla Bowles: Royalty.
- Joyce Anelay: Baroness Anelay of St John's English educator and politician.
- Alexis Herman: Public Servant.
- Camilla : Duchess of Cornwall.
- Wolfgang Flür: German drummer (Kraftwerk and Dyko).
- Robert Begerau: German footballer and manager.
- Wolfgang Flur: German musician (Kraftwerk).
- Raoul Wallenberg: Swedish businessman and diplomat from a wealthy family who effectively pulled off the rescue of more than 12,000 Hungarian Jews as WW II was drawing to a close.
- The Indian passenger ship ''Ramdas'' is capsized by a cyclone at Mumbai, India, with 625 people killed.
- Following wide media and UNSCOP coverage, ''The Exodus'' is captured by British troops and refused entry into Palestine at the port of Haifa.
- President Harry S. Truman signs the Presidential Succession Act into law, which places the Speaker of the House and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate next in the line of succession after the Vice President.