Monday 17 February 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 17, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ruth Rendell and Roger Craig.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1930 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Ruth Rendell: British writer of crime and psychological thrillers; an award-winner on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Usko Merilainen: Composer.
- Roger Craig: American baseball player and manager.
- Michel Mourgues: French business executive, a former chairman of BRED (Banque régionale d'escompte et de dépôts), the largest of the popular French banks.
- Benjamin Fain: Ukrainian-Israeli physicist and academic (d. 2013).
- French government of AndrT Tardieu falls.