Friday 28 February 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Malzone and Bruce Dawe.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1930 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Frank Malzone: Baseball player.
- Bruce Dawe: Australian poet.
- Albert Bouvet: French professional bicycle racer on road and track.
- Pierre Jansen: French musician, a film composer of scores of many films.
- Billy Wade: American stock car racing driver, who was the 1963 NASCAR Rookie of the Year for car owner Cotton Owens.
- Leon Cooper: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?