Friday 17 January 1930US date format: 1/17/1930, UK date format: 17/1/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Ceely and Bill Benyon.
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1930 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Bill Benyon: English large landowner / Conservative Lower house leader.
- Robert Ceely: Composer.
- Thomas P Stafford in Oklahoma: USA; astronaut (Gemini 6, Gemini 9, Apollo 10).
- Colette Ripert: France Actor.
- Eddie LeBaron: American football player manager and sportscaster (d. 2015).