Friday 17 January 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Benyon and Robert Ceely.
Anna Christie, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1930 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Bill Benyon: English large landowner / Conservative Lower house leader.
- Robert Ceely: Composer.
- Thomas P Stafford in Oklahoma: USA; astronaut (Gemini 6, Gemini 9, Apollo 10).
- Colette Ripert: France Actor.
- Eddie LeBaron: American football player manager and sportscaster (d. 2015).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?