Sunday 23 February 1930US date format: 2/23/1930, UK date format: 23/2/1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 23, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jef Geeraerts and Harry Boldt.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1930 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Jef Geeraerts: Flemish writer.
- Gerry Davis: Writer.
- Harry Boldt: German Fed Rep, equestrian dressage (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Imre Gyongyossy: Film Maker.
- Johnny Seven in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Ironside, Amy Prentiss).
- Paul West: English-American author poet and academic (d. 2015).