Friday 14 February 1930, Valentine's DayUS date format: 2/14/1930, UK date format: 14/2/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 14, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Mathews and Jacqueline Doyen.
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1930 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Harry Mathews: American author of various novels, volumes of poetry and short fiction, and essays.
- Duncan Montgomery: Stewart; principal (Lady Margaret Hall-Oxford).
- Jacqueline Doyen: French actress who appeared in 80 films and television shows between 1956 and 1995.
- Henri Le Corre: French astrologer, author of time zone books.
- Larry Rubin: Bayonne Writer.