Tuesday 17 May 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Garlick and Dennis Brain.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1921 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- John Garlick: British senior civil servant.
- Dennis Brain: London, England -- French-hornist (Serenade).
- Bob Merrill: American composer and screenwriter (d. 1998).
- President Harding opens (via telephone) first Valencia Orange Show.
- Belgian-Luxembourg sign customs union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Spread Yo' Stuff - Benny Krueger & His Orchestra
- Do You Ever Think of Me? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Moonbeams - All-Star Trio
- Look for the Silver Lining - Charles Harrison & Edna Brown (Elsie Baker)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?