Sunday 17 June 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elroy Hirsch and Claude Santelli.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1923 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Elroy Hirsch: American football player (Born 1923).
- Claude Santelli: French film director and screenwriter who directed 25 films between 1968 and 1996.
- Robert Saint-Guidon: Belgian-French writer.
- Aimé Steinlen: St Amand les Eaux Painters.
- Elroy "Crazylegs" Hirsch: AAFC, NFL halfback, end (LA Rams).
- Arnold Relman: American physician and academic (d. 2014).
- Dale Thomson: Canadian historian and academic (d. 1999).
- Charles Barut: Chamb?ry physician.
- Hirsch: American athlete who was called "crazy legs" for the way his feet splayed wildly behind him as he ran, considered football's greatest receiver.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Farewell Blues - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- The Lost Chord - John McCormack
- Dearest (You're the Nearest to My Heart) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra