Saturday 17 May 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Grace Zabriskie and Jean-Michel Dubernard.
Sunny, directed by Herbert Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1941 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Grace Zabriskie: American actress.
- Jean-Michel Dubernard: French medical doctor specializing in transplant surgery, as well as a former Deputy in the French National Assembly.
- Miriam Margolyes: Actress (Will Be).
- David Howell Cope: Composer.
- Ben Nelson: 40th Governor of Nebraska & United States Senator from Nebraska.