Monday 17 December 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 17, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Murray and Peter Farrelly.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Carnival in Moscow, directed by Eldar Ryazanov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Life Of The Party by Bennett Cerf was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1956 ?
- Patrick Murray: Actor.
- Peter Farrelly: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Dominic Lawson: English journalist and author.
- Totka Petrova: Bulgarian runner.
- Eddie Acuff: Actor (Guns of Pecos), dies at 48.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Just Walkin' In The Rain - Johnnie Ray
- Bill Haley & His Comets - Rock Around The Clock
- The Green Door - Frankie Vaughan
- The Four Aces - Love Is A Many Splendored Thing
- Guy Mitchell - Singing The Blues
- Malcolm Vaughan - St Therese Of The Roses
- Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie - Bill Haley & His Comets
- Max Bygraves - Meet Me On The Corner
- Rip It Up - Bill Haley & His Comets
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?