Saturday 17 October 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Puckett and Jean-Pierre Dogliani.
I Married a Witch, directed by René Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 October 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 October 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Gary Puckett: American musician, semi-famous in the '60s with his band, "Gary Puckett and the Union Gap.
- Jean-Pierre Dogliani
- Gary Zukav
- Jimmy Seals: American musician who teamed up with Dash Crofts in 1969 as "Seals and Crofts.
- Joseph Bruchac: Writer.
- Steve Jones: American basketball player and sportscaster.
- Gary Puckett vocalist (Gary Puckett and the Union Gap - "Woman Woman": "Young Girl").
- Nicholas Hasluck: Australian novelist, poet and short story writer, and judge.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1942 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Manhattan Serenade - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Kay Kyser & His Orchestra - Praise The Lord And Pass The Ammunition