Friday 18 August 1916
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 18, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Coursault and Dame Moura Lympany.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1916 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Dame Moura Lympany: British pianist (d. 2005).
- Michel Coursault: Loches Military man.
- Neagu Djuvara: Romanian historian journalist and diplomat.
- Don Keefer: American actor (d. 2014).
- Moura Lympany: Saltash, England -- Pianist (OBE-1979).
- Edward D Pain: English journalist (NY World), dies in battle at 36.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down Where the Swanne River Flows - Al Jolson
- America - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- Simple Melody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker