Friday 23 August 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 23, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Sanders (actor) and Richard Sanders in Harrisburg.
Night Train to Munich, directed by Carol Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1940 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Richard Sanders (actor)
- Thomas A. Steitz: Scientist.
- Richard Sanders in Harrisburg: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Les - WKRP, Spencer, Berrengers).
- Tony Bill in San Diego: California, USA; actor (Sam - "What Really Happened to the Class of '65").
- Galen Rowell: American mountaineer and photographer (d. 2002).
- Richard Sanders: American actor and screenwriter.
- German Luftwaffe begins night bombing on London
- Queen Wilhelmina fires Premier De Geer