Friday 23 August 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Sanders in Harrisburg and Tony Bill in San Diego.
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Kitty Foyle by Christopher Morle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1940 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Richard Sanders in Harrisburg: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Les - WKRP, Spencer, Berrengers).
- Tony Bill in San Diego: California, USA; actor (Sam - "What Really Happened to the Class of '65").
- Galen Rowell: American mountaineer and photographer (d. 2002).
- Richard Sanders: American actor and screenwriter.
- German Luftwaffe begins night bombing on London
- Queen Wilhelmina fires Premier De Geer
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?