Saturday 18 September 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bud Greenspan and Joe Kubert.
The Strong Man, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1926 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Bud Greenspan: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Joe Kubert: American author and illustrator founded The Kubert School (d. 2012).
- Bob Toski: American golfer and coach.
- 46th US Mens Tennis: Rene Lacoste beats Jean Borotra (64 60 64)
- Jean Rene Lacoste wins US Tennis Open
- Hurricane hits Miami and south Florida, USA, destroying hotels, piers, marinas, mansions built in preceding years. 400 killed, 50,000 made homeless.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?