Saturday 18 September 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 18, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Enrico Maria Salerno and Bud Greenspan.
Dog Gone, directed by Mark Stouffer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 September 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1926 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Enrico Maria Salerno
- Bud Greenspan: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Joe Kubert: American author and illustrator founded The Kubert School (d. 2012).
- Bob Toski: American golfer and coach.
- 46th US Mens Tennis: Rene Lacoste beats Jean Borotra (64 60 64)
- Jean Rene Lacoste wins US Tennis Open
- Hurricane hits Miami and south Florida, USA, destroying hotels, piers, marinas, mansions built in preceding years. 400 killed, 50,000 made homeless.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band