Thursday 18 October 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Martina Navrátilová and Isabelle Autissier.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Brave One, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Arthritis And Common Sense by Dale Alexander was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Other Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1956 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Martina Navrátilová
- Isabelle Autissier: French professional sailor and winner of the 1994-'95 Gold (Solo) Race; 1994-95 BOC Challenge (dismasted on Leg 2, boat lost, withdrew) and the 1997-98 Whitbread Round The World Race, legs 8 and 9. Prior to that, she and two crew members sailed her Open 60, PRB in The Gold Cup, a race from New York to San Francisco around Cape Horn.
- Luc Lang
- Martina Navratilova: Czechoslovakian-American tennis champion, outstanding with 167 titles, including nine Wimbledon singles.
- Jim Talent: American lawyer and politician.
- Craig Bartlett: American animator producer screenwriter and voice actor.
- Alkistis Protopsalti: Egyptian-Greek singer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?