Wednesday 21 January 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mac Davis in Lubbock and Mac Davis.
Woman of the Year, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1942 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Mac Davis in Lubbock: Texas, USA; singer/actor (Mac Davis Show, North Dallas 40).
- Mac Davis: American musician, a country flavored ballad singer and star of concert tours 200 days a year.
- Gérard Ducray: Villefranche/Saéne Politician.
- Edwin Starr: American singer-songwriter (d. 2003).
- Henryk Opienski: Polish composer/musicologist/conductor, dies at age 72.
- Bronx magistrate rules all pinball machines illegal.
- WWII: Erwin Rommel launches his new offensive in Cyrenaica.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?