Tuesday 18 October 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 18, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
Puss in Boots, directed by Chris Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tetris: Axis or Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 18 October 2011 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 October
- Israel and the Palestinian militant organization Hamas begin a major prisoner swap, in which the captured Israeli Army soldier Gilad Shalit is released by Hamas in exchange for 1,027 Palestinian and Israeli-Arab prisoners held in Israel, including 280 prisoners serving life sentences for planning and perpetrating terror attacks.
- Arab Spring and the Libyan civil war: Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi is killed in Sirte, with National Transitional Council forces taking control of the city, and ending the war.
- Basque separatist militant organisation ETA declares an end to its 43-year campaign of political violence, which has killed over 800 people since 1968.
- 2011 Syrian uprising: At least 25 people are killed in the Syrian city of Homs after tanks and security troops open fire on anti-regime protesters. (Reuters)
- Kenyan Army soldiers, supported by aerial forces, continue their advance into Somalia, approaching an al-Shabab-controlled town from the Kenyan border. (BBC)
- Moody's downgrades Spain's credit rating to A1 after Standard Poor's and Fitch downgraded Spain's rating two weeks ago. (Wall Street Journal)
- Year-over-year GDP growth in the People's Republic of China slows to 9.1% for the third quarter of 2011, following government efforts to curb inflation. (News Limited)
- Motorola introduces the Droid RAZR, the world's thinnest smartphone. (MSNBC)
- Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC loses a patent infringement case in the United States, with the United States International Trade Commission ruling that Apple Inc.'s iPhone technology does not violate HTC's patents. (BBC)
- A bill to takeover the capital city of Harrisburg, rather than have it file for Chapter 9, clears the Pennsylvania State Legislature. The Governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett, is expected to sign it. (Reuters)
- The Governor of Bangkok, Sukhumbhand Paribatra, appeals for 1.2 million sandbags to protect the Thai capital from encroaching floods, which have killed over 300 people nationwide since July. (''Business Week'')
- About 400,000 illegal immigrants were deported from the United States in the 2011 fiscal year, the most deportations ever in United States history, according to a report released by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. (CNN)
- The World Health Organisation reports that global malaria deaths have fallen by over 20% since 2001, claiming that over 30 countries are on course to eradicate the mosquito-borne disease by 2020. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 October 2011
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Burnley : 2 - 0
- Blackpool - Doncaster : 2 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Bristol City : 1 - 0
- Ipswich - Portsmouth : 1 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Alfreton Town - Fleetwood Town : 1 - 4
- Bath City - Stockport : 0 - 2
- Darlington - Barrow : 0 - 1
- Ebbsfleet - Grimsby : 3 - 1
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Dumbarton - Albion Rvs : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Quickie - Miguel
- Party - Beyonce Featuring Andre 3000
- Marvins Room - Drake
Top #10 Latin songs
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- El Mil Amores - Pesado
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Tu Olor - Wisin & Yandel
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Not Again - Staind
- Tonight - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Bottoms Up - Nickelback
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Farming is a very healthy business, spurring calls to end its large government safety net. But some lawmakers want to create a new program instead. [..]
Glad plans to spend $30 million to $40 million on a campaign for a new kitchen trash bag that the company says saves enough plastic — the equivalent of 140 million bags — to cover Manhattan. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $39.89
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $89.06
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $72.46
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $24.73
- 1 CHF = 7.0946 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.2846 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.8854 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.549 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?