Monday 18 September 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Lacy Veach and Charles L Veach.
Thunder Rock, directed by Roy Boulting, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1944 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Charles Lacy Veach: Chicago, Illinois -- Astronaut (STS 39, STS 52).
- Charles L Veach: American astronaut (d. 1995).
- Rocio Jurado: Spanish singer and actress (d. 2006).
- Satan's Angel: American dancer.
- Michael Franks: American singer-songwriter.
- Rocío Jurado: Spanish singer and actress (d. 2006)
- Charles Veach: American colonel pilot and astronaut (d. 1995)
- Anthony Stefanich: British boxer / captain, killed in Arnhem.
- Hendrikus Colijn: Dutch Premier (1933-39), dies at 75.
- Hubert Ahaus: Chaplin (Godsrijk), dies at 67.
- Peter Waddy: British major 1st Para Brigade, dies in battle in Arnhem.
- Robert G Cole American Paratrooper of the 101st: 502nd division (Born 1915).
- Robert Cole: American astrologer and author. He was diagnosed with AIDS 7/22/1988 and died 8/13/1992, 1:24 PM PDT, San Francisco, CA. His lover of the past nine years was at his side; his obituary read that he was survived by a daughter.
- British submarine Tradewind torpedoes Junyo Maru: 5,600 killed
- Eindhoven free (Lightly Day)
- US 266th division occupiers Brest Bretagne
- World War II: The British submarine HMS Tradewind torpedoes Junyo Maru, 5,600 killed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 September 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - It Had To Be You
- And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal Anita O'Day)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?