Wednesday 27 September 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include IDG Garnett and Angélica María.
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1944 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- IDG Garnett: British Vice-Admiral.
- Angélica María: American-Mexican singer-songwriter and actress.
- Ian Garnett: English admiral.
- Gary Sutherland: American baseball player and scout.
- Helmond and Oss, Netherlands liberated
- The Kassel Mission results in the largest loss by a USAAF group on any mission in World War II.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?