Monday 25 September 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Douglas and Guy-Michel Chauveau.
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 25 September 1944 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Michael Douglas: American actor, director and producer, from a noted family as the first son of actor Kirk Douglas.
- Guy-Michel Chauveau
- Jean-Pierre Ricard: French cardinal of the Roman Catholic church and archbishop of Bordeaux et Bazes.
- Paul Essartial: French breeder of racehorses.
- Doris Matsui: American politician.
- Grayson Shillingford: Dominican cricketer (d. 2009).
- Eugenia Zukerman in Cambridge: Mississippi, USA; flutist/novelist (Deceptive Cadence).
- Michael Douglas in New Jersey: USA; actor (Coma, Wall Street, Jewel of the Nile).
- World War II: Surviving elements of the British 1st Airborne Division withdraw from Arnhem in the Netherlands, thus ending the Battle of Arnhem and Operation Market Garden.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?