Sunday 24 September 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Korner and Eavan Boland.
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1944 ?
- Diana Korner: German actress.
- Eavan Boland: Irish poet with over 30 publications to her credit.
- Jean-Paul Fargier: French director, television producer, novelist, journalist, art/film critic and film professor who lives and works in Paris.
- Bernard Haillant: French singer-songwriter and composer.
- Diana Körner: German actress.
- Sven-Ole Thorsen: Danish bodybuilder actor and stuntman
- WWII: The U.S. Army 45th Infantry Division takes the strongly defended city of Epinal before crossing the Moselle River and entering the western foothills of the Vosges.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?