Wednesday 13 September 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacqueline Bisset and Mike Marshall (actor).
The Master Race, directed by Herbert J. Biberman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Missus Goes A-Shopping.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1944
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1944 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jacqueline Bisset: English actress and producer.
- Mike Marshall (actor)
- Peter Cetera: American singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Chicago).
- Dolly Martin
- Peter Cetera in Chicago: Illinois, USA; lead singer (Chicago - "25 or 6 to 4", "Old Days").
- Leslie Harvey: Scottish guitarist (Stone the Crows) (d. 1972).
- Juan Ábrego: Mexican drug smuggler who reportedly has two birth certificates, one in Mexico and the other in Texas, and who became the center of dispute between Mexico and the US when he was arrested for drug trafficking in early 1999.
- Carol Barnes: former ITV news presenter (Born 1944).
- Midget Farrelly: Australian surfer.
- 30th Infantry division of US 1st Army frees Margraten
- Last transport out camp Westerbork to Bergen Belsen
- US 28th Infantry division opens assault on Siegfried line / Westwall
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - It Had To Be You
- And Her Tears Flowed Like Wine - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra (Vocal Anita O'Day)