Friday 29 September 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Torben Jensen and Mike Post.
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1944!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1944 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Torben Jensen: Denmark -- Actor (Taxa, Hayfever, Watch Me Fly, Guldregn).
- Mike Post: American composer and producer.
- Browns last in AL attendance, only 6,172 watch them sweep Yanks in DH
- Soviet troops invade Yugoslavia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?