Tuesday 19 April 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roberto Tucci and Will Ogdon.
Prometheus, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Brimming Cup by Dorothy Canfield was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1921!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1921 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Roberto Tucci: Italian cardinal and theologian (d. 2015).
- Will Ogdon: composer.
- Glyn England CEO (CEGB: Windcluster Ltd).
- Anna Lee Aldred: American first licenced female jockey (d. 2006).
- Anna Aldred: American jockey (d. 2006).
- Funeral of last German Emperoress, Augusta Victoria.
- 25th Boston Marathon won by Frank Zuna of New Jersey in 2:18:57.6.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Whip-Poor-Will - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
- Timbuctoo - Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit
- My Mammy - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?