Monday 19 March 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janine Dacosta and Tige Andrews in Brooklyn.
Sodom und Gomorrha, directed by Mihály Kertész, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1923 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- Janine Dacosta: French pianist.
- Tige Andrews in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Captain Adam Greer - Mod Squad).
- Robert Brown: .
- Pamela Britton: Actress (Blondie, My Favorite Martian), dies at 50.
- Betty Goodwin: Canadian sculptor and painter (d. 2008).
- Benito Jacovitti: Italian illustrator (d. 1997)
- Henry Morgentaler: Polish-Canadian physician and activist (d. 2013)
- Giuseppe Rotunno: Italian cinematographer
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sixty Seconds Ev'ry Minute (I Think of You) - Columbians
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Crinoline Days
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?