Monday 19 August 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Claire and Johnny Nash in Houston.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Jan Claire: Actor (American Anthem).
- Johnny Nash in Houston: Texas, USA; rocker ("I Can See Clearly Now").
- Jill Saint John [Oppenheim] in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Diamonds are Forever).
- Jill St John: American actress, the veteran of over a thousand radio and fifty TV productions before age 16.
- Jill John: Los Angeles Actor.
- Johnny Nash: American singer-songwriter and actor
- First flight of the B-25 Mitchell medium bomber.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 August 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?