Monday 19 August 1940US date format: 8/19/1940, UK date format: 19/8/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 19, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jill St John and Johnny Nash.
Boom Town, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Jill St John: American actress, the veteran of over a...
- Johnny Nash: American singer-songwriter and actor.
- Jan Claire: Actor (American Anthem).
- Johnny Nash in Houston: Texas, USA; rocker ("I Can See Clearly...
- Jill St. John: Actress.
- Jill John: Los Angeles Actor.
- Jill Saint John [Oppenheim] in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Diamonds are...
- Henry Hampton: Activist.
- First flight of the B-25 Mitchell medium bomber.