Tuesday 19 August 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank McCourt and D[avid] G[uy] Compton.
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1930 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Frank McCourt: American author and educator (d. 2009).
- D[avid] G[uy] Compton: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Synthajoy, Radio Plays).
- Jim Lansford: American football offensive lineman in the National Football League, who played one season for the Dallas Texans (1952).
- David Compton: English author.