Tuesday 19 August 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frank McCourt and D[avid] G[uy] Compton.
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1930 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Frank McCourt: American author and educator (d. 2009).
- D[avid] G[uy] Compton: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Synthajoy, Radio Plays).
- Jim Lansford: American football offensive lineman in the National Football League, who played one season for the Dallas Texans (1952).
- David Compton: English author.