Thursday 19 July 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arno Breker and Nathalie Sarraute.
Watermelon Contest, directed by James White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1900!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1900 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Nathalie Sarraute: Lawyer.
- Arno Breker: German sculptor (3rd Reich sculptor).
- Charles Barnet "Roscoe" Harvey: Soldier.
- Marc Turfkruijer: Flemish movie journalist / writer.
- Pierre Joubert: Allevard physician.
- The first line of the Paris Métro is opened.