Sunday 13 October 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 13, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pharoah Sanders and Chris Farlowe.
The Great Dictator, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1940 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.