Wednesday 19 June 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Chevassu and Françoise Gauquelin.
Thunderbolt, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1929 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- François Chevassu: French film critic and journalist who died on 7 November 2011.
- Françoise Gauquelin: Swiss-French psychologist and statistician.
- Olivier Todd: French writer and journalist born to an Austro-Hungarian father and a British mother.
- Thelma Barlow: English actress.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?