Monday 19 May 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lorraine Hansberry and Hans Kox.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1930 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Lorraine Hansberry: American playwright, the author of "A Raisin in the Sun," the first play by a black woman to be produced on Broadway, running for 19 months.
- Hans Kox: Composer.
- Jean-Louis CléMent: Vanves Journalist.
- Eugene Genovese: American historian and author (d. 2012).
- White woman win voting rights in South Africa.