Monday 19 May 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hans Kox and Lorraine Hansberry.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1930 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Hans Kox: Composer.
- Lorraine Hansberry: American playwright, the author of "A Raisin in the Sun," the first play by a black woman to be produced on Broadway, running for 19 months.
- Jean-Louis CléMent: Vanves Journalist.
- Eugene Genovese: American historian and author (d. 2012).
- White woman win voting rights in South Africa.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 May 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?