Tuesday 20 April 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edie Sedgwick in Santa Barbara and Ian Watson.
I Walked with a Zombie, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1943 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Edie Sedgwick in Santa Barbara: California, USA; actor (Ciao Manhattan).
- Ian Watson: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Book of Being, Whores of Babylon).
- Michael Greer in Galesburg: Illinois, USA; actor (Bobby Gentry Show).
- John Eliot Gardiner: English conductor.
- Fleury Di Nallo: French footballer, one of the best strikers in Division 1 in the 1960s and 70s, and a historic player of Olympique Lyonnais.
- Edie Sedgwick: American model with great eyes and great legs, a charismatic center of the underground vortex of the late '60s, the poster girl for a life of alcohol and barbiturates. She met Andy Warhol in early 1965 and became part of his entourage. The queen of the underground art and fashion world, she had it all; a wealthy socialite family, her picture on the cover of Vogue magazine and all the sex, drugs 'n rock'n'roll that she could want. She made 11 films with Andy, his gritty, on-the-spot happening eve
- Alan Beith: English academic and politician
- John Gardiner: English conductor and director
- Jamie Gillis: American pornographic actor, director (Born 1943)
- Braves manager Casey Stengel is struck by a taxi, fractures a leg
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?