Tuesday 20 April 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edie Sedgwick and Jean-François Somain.
I Walked with a Zombie, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 20 April 1943
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1943 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Edie Sedgwick: American model with great eyes and great legs, a charismatic center of the underground vortex of the late '60s, the poster girl for a life of alcohol and barbiturates.
- Jean-François Somain
- Fleury Di Nallo: French footballer, one of the best strikers in Division 1 in the 1960s and 70s, and a historic player of Olympique Lyonnais.
- John Eliot Gardiner: English conductor.
- Alan Beith: English academic and politician.
- Edie Sedgwick in Santa Barbara: California, USA; actor (Ciao Manhattan).
- Jamie Gillis: American pornographic actor, director (Born 1943).
- John Gardiner: English conductor and director.
- Ian Watson: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Book of Being, Whores of Babylon).
- Michael Greer in Galesburg: Illinois, USA; actor (Bobby Gentry Show).
- Braves manager Casey Stengel is struck by a taxi, fractures a leg