Tuesday 20 April 1943US date format: 4/20/1943, UK date format: 20/4/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 20, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edie Sedgwick and Jean-François Somain.
A Stranger in Town, directed by Roy Rowland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 April 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1943 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Edie Sedgwick: American model with great eyes and great legs, a charismatic center of the underground vortex of the late '60s, the poster girl for a life of alcohol and barbiturates.
- Jean-François Somain
- Fleury Di Nallo: French footballer, one of the best strikers in Division 1 in the 1960s and 70s, and a historic player of Olympique Lyonnais.
- Michael Greer in Galesburg: Illinois, USA; actor (Bobby Gentry Show).
- John Eliot Gardiner: English conductor.
- Margo MacDonald: Politician.
- John Gardiner: English conductor and director.
- Jamie Gillis: American pornographic actor, director (Born 1943).
- Alan Beith: English academic and politician.
- Edie Sedgwick in Santa Barbara: California, USA; actor (Ciao Manhattan).
- Ian Watson: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Book of Being, Whores of Babylon).
- Braves manager Casey Stengel is struck by a taxi, fractures a leg