Saturday 3 April 1943
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lauren Rinder and Mario Lavista.
Edge of Darkness, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1943 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Lauren Rinder: American minor musician and record producer for many years, some credits but no great breakthrough.
- Mario Lavista: Mexican composer.
- Jonathan Lynn: Bath, England -- Writer / actor (Greedy, Bar Mitzvah Boy).
- Richard Manuel: Canadian rock vocalist/pianist (The Band), commits suicide at age 40 (born 1943).
- Doreen Tracey: English singer and actress.
- Conrad Veidt: German/US actor (Cabinet of Dr Calgary), dies at age 50.
- Jan Dieters (leader of illegal CPN) arrested
- Shipwrecked steward Poon Lim is rescued by Brazilian fishermen after being adrift for 130 days.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?