Monday 26 April 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Wright in Creskill and Prue Acton.
Lady of Burlesque, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1943 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Gary Wright in Creskill: New Jersey, USA; singer/keyboardist ("Dream Weaver", Spooky Tooth - "Love Is Alive").
- Prue Acton: Australian fashion designer, a major figure in the Australian industry of style and design.
- Nicole Loraux: French historian of classical Athens, who died on 6 April 2003 at 8:55 AM in Argenteuil.
- Dominique Vilar: French actress in the legitimate theater and noted family as the daughter of film maker Jean Vilar.
- Gary Wright: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (Spooky Tooth).
- Peter Zumthor: Swiss architect and academic designed the Therme Vals
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 April 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?