Wednesday 28 April 1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Dutronc and Gérard Majax.
Five Graves to Cairo, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Human Comedy by William Saroyan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1943!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 April 1943 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Jacques Dutronc: French singer, songwriter, guitarist, composer, and actor.
- Gérard Majax
- Wilfride Piollet: French prima ballerina and choreographer.
- Jeffrey Tate: English conductor.
- John Oliver Creighton in Orange: Texas, USA; Captain US Navy/astronaut (STS 51G, 36, 48).
- German-Italian counter offensive in North Africa.
- US 34th Division occupies Djebel el Hara North Tunisia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?