Wednesday 7 April 1943US date format: 4/7/1943, UK date format: 7/4/1943
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 7, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Werner Jurgensen and Roberta Shore [Schourup] in Monterey Park.
We Dive at Dawn, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 April 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 April 1943 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Werner Jurgensen
- Spencer Dryden in New York City: New York, USA; rock drummer (Jefferson Airplane - "Go Ask Alice").
- Roberta Shore [Schourup] in Monterey Park: California, USA; actress/singer (Virginian).
- Mick Abrahams in Luton: Bedfordshire, England; rock guitarist (Jethro Tull - "This Was").
- Mick Abrahams: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Jethro Tull and Blodwyn Pig).
- Dennis Amiss: English cricketer and manager.
- British / US troops make contact at Wadi Akarit, South-Tunisia
- Lt Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg seriously wounded at allied air raid
- British/US troops make contact at Wadi Akarit, South Tunisia.
- Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini meet for an Axis conference in Salzburg.
- NFL adopts free substitution rule.
- Holocaust: In Terebovlia, Ukraine, Germans order 1,100 Jews to undress to their underwear and march through the city of Terebovlia to the nearby village of Plebanivka where they are shot dead and buried in ditches.
- Ioannis Rallis becomes collaborationist Prime Minister of Greece during the WWII Axis Occupation.